Tax Planning for 2014
Washington did it again! If last year’s tax increases weren’t enough, over 40 tax changes were made for the tax year of 2014. Which ones affect you and do you know how to take advantage of them?
There are ways to reduce or avoid any unnecessary federal, state or local taxes. Whether you find yourself nearing retirement or in retirement, planning ahead for taxes during this stage of your life can cut your retirement taxes considerably with some careful retirement tax planning.
This event will cover:
- Key differences between retirement income and net income.
- How to stay “tax-smart” by taking income from the right assets at the right time.
- Understanding the tax liability on your Social Security.
- Sound strategies for handling an inherited IRA.
- How and when you might want your Required Minimum Distributions.
- The pros and cons of converting your IRA into a Roth IRA.
We encourage you and those you know to join us on March 20 from 5:30-6:30 p.m. at The Hyatt in Reno for an Evening with the Author, Christopher Abts, to learn common tax related mistakes in retirement and the strategies you can use to take advantage of them!
To attend, call our office at (775) 853-9033 or click here to register.