Legacy Planning: Common Unintended Pitfalls and Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Last night's evening with the author was on Legacy Planning; an essential component of an effective retirement plan and an important topic from my most recent book and local TV show, Redefining Retirement. We want to say thank you to everyone that was able to make it, it was wonderful to see such a packed house. We covered 15 different common unintended mistakes and pitfalls and how to avoid them.
Many trusts are ineffective often because the trusts were not maintained and adjusted to reflect current circumstances and life stages. As a boomer today and as you reach or continue in retirement, finding peace of mind comes in more terms than just dollars but in the terms of connections with your family, friends, and community. Although estate planning can be complex, being well-informed can make all the difference. This event covered factors that could affect your estate plan and answer important questions such as:
- When was the last time your trust was reviewed?
- Are your beneficiary designation forms set up correctly?
- Does your estate plan contain unintended bear traps?
- Have you inadvertently disinherited some of your heirs?
- If you become incapacitated, will your spouse have access to your estate?
- There are 441 new tax laws, are you ready?
- The U.S. treasury has a plan for your IRA & your 401(k), do you?
If you would like more information on this event, please e-mail us at email@example.com